Greetings Miller Family,
This week we will continue to celebrate March Reading Month. Be sure to check out our March calendar and stay informed on our daily events and guest readers. We know you are all reading each day and enjoying the celebrations!
What is happening this week?
Monday: Mystery Reader Competition
Wednesday: LATE START- School starts ONE hour later. Breakfast will be served at 9:30am. School Starts at 10:00am.
District Spelling Bee at Fordson High School, starting at 5:00pm.
Thursday: 4th Grade Field Trip
Friday: CRAZY HAIR DAY
5 FACTS ABOUT READING THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- Reading often makes you kinder. Studies have shown that people who read more fictional books are more likely to be kinder to others than people who don’t.
- Reading fast helps your eyes. Reading a book fast will help to strengthen your vision.
- It reduces stress. A good book can be a great stress reliever if you allow yourself to get lost in the book.
- It improves your vocabulary. Reading good books often will help to improve your vocabulary as you would be coming across new words.
- Your creativity is increased. Consistent reading will help to increase your imagination, which will stimulate your brain to develop new ideas and make you more creative.