Welcome to Miller Elementary School, your child’s experience in kindergarten establishes a great start for an exciting time of learning. Our shared goal is working with parents as partners ensuring incoming kindergarten students educational experiences at Miller Elementary are positive and productive. It is our goal as a Kindergarten Team to ensure every child entering will not only foster a love for learning, but experience happiness, success, and making new friends as they begin their journey in elementary school! There are two very important programs all incoming kindergarten students will be participating in; these programs are referred to as Jump Start and Soft Start.
- Jump Start will begin Monday, August 21st and through Thursday, August, 24th.
- Jump Starters will start in the classroom at 8:30 a.m., parents need to walk students to the classroom.
- Dismissal will be at 11:30 a.m. from the classrooms,
- All Kindergarten students are expected to attend Jump Start, and parents will be required to pick up and drop off students at school and walk them into the classroom. Please be on time picking up and dropping off your child.
- Jump Starters will see Kindergarten as a fun and safe place to learn.
- Jump Starters will listen and respond to stories read aloud by a teacher.
- Jump Starters will recognize and write their first name in print.
- Jump Starters will increase their knowledge of letter and number identification.
- Jump Starters will improve their social skills with other adults and children.
- Jump Starters will become familiar with special area classes and teachers. (Gym, Art, Science Enrichment, and Music)
In addition to the Jump Start program, your child will also participate in Soft Start during the first week of the 2017-18 school year (Sept. 5th-8th).